Thursday, June 3, 2010

Growing Pains

We are finally getting a little bigger! I still feel like I look like I have a beer belly rather than a baby belly when I wear certain clothes. Hopefully I'll start to look more pregnant in the next few weeks! It's exciting to feel my pants tighten more and certain things in my closet are just not fitting like they used to. My hips must have expanded because I had growing pain sensations as if they were. I'm just making room for baby! In this picture I am 18 weeks and 4 days. We find out the sex next week...can I just say that we are so excited to finally call our baby 'he' or 'she' rather than 'It' or 'he/she'?! Check back next Thursday for the official announcement!

So, a few weekends back I headed out to LA to visit my good friend Megan Webster. Unfortunately I was stuck in the window seat and had politely asked the woman in the aisle seat if she would like to switch seats with me. Well, the answer was no. She said, "I take this flight all the time and I pick this seat specifically". I replied, "OK, but just to warn you I'm 4 months pregnant and may be getting up a lot." I got up 5 times! The poor man next to me (stuck in the middle) had to have been 6'5" and he looked so uncomfortable. Luckily, he never complained about getting up so many times (and might I add, neither did the aisle seat woman) and actually said he is happy to oblige because he has a bad back. I think I would definitely rather be pregnant and stuck in the window seat than be a giant with my knees smashed up against the seat in front of me...poor guy!

About 2 hours to go my throat started hurting. I thought it was definitely the airplane air....nope...I was wrong. I was sick the entire weekend spraying my throat (with Doctor approved spray) and blowing my nose like crazy! I definitely did not feel well but made the most of it.
We hiked Runyan canyon which was on my wish list for the weekend and spotted a few D-List celebs :) We went to Malibu for a day, toured Paramount Studios, went to a comedy club one evening, hit up some great restaurants and had a great time! Thanks again Ms. Webster for being such a wonderful host!

Andrew was to the southeast of us in New Orleans for his best friend's bachelor party. Despite many wrestling matches, hurricanes, hand grenades (these are beverages) and hot humid temperatures, he made it back alive! He had some memorable meals at Cochon (pulled pork) and Jacques-imo's (pre-oil spill bbq shrimp) and the "best sandwich of my life" at a joint called Mother's. Overall, a great time!

I definitely think we are taking advantage of our pre-baby time with each other, friends and family. We are looking forward to a great summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment