Tuesday, December 21, 2010

2 Months!


Doesn't her hair look red in natural light? Not to mention she has her mama's pale skin!

I cannot believe Avery is already 2 months old, where has the time gone? Overall, we have had a good month 2! Highlights of this month are definitely Avery's weight gain (and she is putting on an average of an ounce a day...you go girl!), learning to suck a pacifier, learning to drink out of a bottle (these are huge people...huge accomplishments that took practice!), she is more aware of her surroundings, and my personal favorite...she is smiling! I still have yet to figure out exactly what makes her smile as she does it at random times like when I'm changing her diaper or she is staring into space, but it's really cute :) I am still waiting for the perfect moment to catch it in a photo.


Speaking of Avery's weight gain, we have been hitting up the pediatrician's office weekly and had the wonderful opportunity this past Saturday to wait for 2 hours...and we had an appointment. Although very frustrating, we like the practice and the Doctor we have been seeing is very knowledgeable and he educates us (which as first time parents we need!). He told me that I need more fat in my diet (there goes my weight post pregnancy weight loss) and to eat more butter and olive oil. So, I have tried my best...and it wasn't hard at all...to add more fat! This will hopefully translate to Avery getting more calories from my milk, we'll see how it goes.
Andrew picked up a tree for us a few weeks ago, and even though I really wanted Avery to go to her first tree picking we had to refrain because it was too cold...there is always next year! She loves looking at the lights and some of the shiny bulbs.



We are headed to Long Island tomorrow to spend Christmas with Andrew's family. I'm hoping she won't do a numero dos in the car on the way there because there is really no good place to pull over to change her, and with her diapers these days...well, let's just say changing her on my lap will be a no go. :)
Below are pictures from Avery's 3 week photo shoot. We are really happy with them and she did wonderfully despite peeing and pooing on us, but hey, that's to be expected when you have a naked baby, right?





We wish everyone a happy holiday and safe travels to wherever you are spending Christmas this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment